(no subject)

Date: 11/06/02

    Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 05:42:32 +0200

    Please see <URL:http://www.ibas.com/hotline/data-loss-services.htm>.

    > Is it true that once you write over deleted files they are deleted for
    > good

    >From a data recovery viewpoint, they are not deleted for good unless their
    traces are "wiped" with a suitable utility.

    > would the boss' install and uninstall of the recovery apps have
    > done more harm than good?

    I would assume so.

    Excessively crossposted; follow-ups set.

    Thor

    --
    http://thorweb.anta.net/		OH2GDF

    PGP public key available

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Recover Lost file Clusters?
      ... CHK files after you have saved any useful data. ... please know Microsoft does not provided data recovery service ... and cannot guarantee the lost data will be retrieved. ... such as correcting lost clusters (also knows as allocation ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: Hey Dudley, detailed analysis of these?
      ... torqued him in roll pretty good and he lost it coming through the gate. ... I assume the proper recovery is to pull back the power to a manageable ... This one is very similar to the Thunderbird F16 accident at Mountain Home ...
      (rec.aviation.piloting)
    • Re: [ATA] and re(4) stability issues
      ... >> today to be sure if the machine hung, paniced or just lost network ... Nagios was checking all the time and no recovery ... >> have a lot of them, but seems this time the card didn't recover from ... La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Does Mac have System restore points
      ... I seem to have somehow lost all my ... I have looked into some data recovery ... your best bet is try data rescue from prosoft engineering. ... both Stellar Phoenix and Prosoft's. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: Recovering lost JPEGs cont.
      ... I manually searched for the headers in a hex editor on the disk and I ... FINALLY found some of the pics I have lost. ... the recovery worked. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)