SAM initialization error - The security ID structure is invalid. Error Status 0xc0000078

From: WB IT (abuse@127.0.0.1)
Date: 10/31/02

From: "WB IT" <abuse@127.0.0.1>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:28:54 -0000

On boot we receive the following error:

"Security Account Manager initialization failed because of the following
error: The security ID structure is invalid. Error Status 0xc0000078. Please
click ok to shut down this system and reboot into safe mode."

It says this regardless of what mode you try to start it in.

The machine boots to that message and nothing else will happen or run.

I've checked out all the kb articles and the web, there doesn't seem to be
any definitive answer to this.

If any one has any info it would be appreciated.

--

Shaolin - IT Systems WB Ltd. .: http://www.security-forums.com :.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: boot up problem on XP
    ... > Secutity accounts manager initialization failed. ... Handle is invalid. ... > message appears and I can't even boot in safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Security Account Manager Initializatioin Failed
    ... Security Account Manager Initializatioin Failed because of ... invalid. ... down and reboot into safe mode, ... normal or safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • SAM initialization error - The security ID structure is invalid. Error Status 0xc0000078
    ... On boot we receive the following error: ... "Security Account Manager initialization failed because of the following ... The security ID structure is invalid. ... click ok to shut down this system and reboot into safe mode." ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • XP - will not boot up
    ... Secutity accounts manager initialization failed. ... Handle is invalid. ... It then tells me to boot up in safe mode but when I try the exact same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • boot up problem on XP