Admin Password Changed

From: James Aston (randoulty@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/15/02

From: randoulty@hotmail.com (James Aston)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:07:52 GMT

A compnay I contract work for brought me a Win 2000 Professional
machine with the admin password changed (For whatever internal dispute
they had). It was requested to retreiv the Admin password or at least
change it. My question is, since I do have access to the machine, can
I just simply replace the SAM file on the target machine from another
machine (from which I know the password for the Admin)? Or would that
create havoc for me? I tried LockSmith, and another utility for
linux, but unfortunately I could not mout the Hard disk form the
remote machine. Using LC4 is time consuming (even though its running
now due to lack of options). Any suggestions and help is greatly
appreciated.