Re: Administrator cannot access a directory

Date: 10/11/02

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:13:54 -0600

Greetings --

    Then turn off Simple file sharing.

HTH&GL,

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User
__
both at once. -- RAH

"James Barras" <james.barras@vtxnet.ch> wrote in message
news:ao6i9t$b4426@news.vtx.ch...
> Sorry but my problem is that I don't have this tab. I checked if simple
> file sharing is on and it is.
>

> Désolé mais je n'ai pas l'onglet en question et c'est bien
> là le problème. J'ai pourtant vérifié que le simple file
> sharing soit configuré et il l'est.
>

> "Pegasus" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
> > See my reply in your French post.
> >

> > "James Barras" <james.barras@vtxnet.ch> wrote in message
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I tried to install a harddisk on my computer. My computer is based on
MS
> > > Windows XP Pro. There is a MS Windows XP Pro installation
> > > partition (NTFS) on the harddisk I tried to install. I wanted to
access
> my
> > > old private "My documents" directory to copy it to my new one.
> > > Unfortunately, even logged on as administrator, it says "Access
Denied".
> > > tried to check off the "read-only" attribut on the directory
> > > but it doesn't work, it says "Access denied" even so. I'd like to get
my
> > > files. Does anyone know how to make it up? I'm new to
> > > Windows XP.
> > >

> > > Thank you in advance for you time
> > >

> > > James Barras

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help! - Ive screwed up my WinXP Pro installation
    ... "I've Just ran chkdsk/r from the recovery console and it took ages. ... Sure, the system hive could have been corrupted due to file system errors, but the fact remains that it is no longer valid. ... 'Windows could not start because the following file is missing ... XP Pro installation CD and wouldn't know how to copy it over as ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Help! - Ive screwed up my WinXP Pro installation
    ... I seemed to have somehow managed to screw up one of my pc's which has Windows XP Pro installed on it. ... You can attempt to repair this file by starting the Windows Setup using the original CD-ROM. ... Maybe there is someway of copying the file that it's looking for from somewhere?, I can't seem to find it on the XP Pro installation CD and wouldn't know how to copy it over as the extensions on the CD in the I386 folder all seem to have ... If you use the procedure that is described in this article, you may not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • XP Explorer Task Pane Other Places links crashes Explorer
    ... Since the very beginning of my Windows XP Pro installation (IBM TP41 ... I get a strange behavior when trying to use any of the links ...
  • XP Exlporer Task Pane - Other Places - Links Crash Explorer
    ... Since the very beginning of my Windows XP Pro installation (IBM TP41 ... I get a strange behavior when trying to use any of the links ...
  • Task Pane Other Places