Re: Administrator cannot access a directory

From: Bruce Chambers (bchambers@nospam.cableone.net)
Date: 10/11/02

From: "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@nospam.cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:04:31 -0600

Greetings --

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308421

HTH&GL,

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User
__
both at once. -- RAH

"James Barras" <james.barras@vtxnet.ch> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I tried to install a harddisk on my computer. My computer is based on MS
> Windows XP Pro. There is a MS Windows XP Pro installation
> partition (NTFS) on the harddisk I tried to install. I wanted to access my
> old private "My documents" directory to copy it to my new one.
> Unfortunately, even logged on as administrator, it says "Access Denied". I
> tried to check off the "read-only" attribut on the directory
> but it doesn't work, it says "Access denied" even so. I'd like to get my
> files. Does anyone know how to make it up? I'm new to
> Windows XP.
>

> Thank you in advance for you time
>

> James Barras

Relevant Pages

  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... Decided to install within windows on a laptop. ... linux is not working, they just want it to work. ... Copied the cd to the hard drive and tried to install from there. ... computers that only had floppy drives, have you running all processes with ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Files Gone???
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...