Re: Kiwi Syslog Analyzer

Date: 09/27/02

Date: 27 Sep 2002 07:28:01 -0700

Im not aware of any script. I started to write some bash-shell scripts
to analyze NT-Eventlogs and generate alarms. Tools like Logsurfer
(linux) will make this more comfortable.

If you want a pure NT-solution, you can take a tool like Lanselm from
GFI.
But this tool is not very configurable. Its difficult/impossible to
extract the application-specific Log-Data, which is not part of the
EVENTLOGRECORD-structure :(

I think other applications will have the same problem :(

bye,

Oliver Karow