Re: Kiwi Syslog Analyzer

Date: 09/27/02

Date: 27 Sep 2002 07:28:01 -0700

Im not aware of any script. I started to write some bash-shell scripts
to analyze NT-Eventlogs and generate alarms. Tools like Logsurfer
(linux) will make this more comfortable.

If you want a pure NT-solution, you can take a tool like Lanselm from
GFI.
But this tool is not very configurable. Its difficult/impossible to
extract the application-specific Log-Data, which is not part of the
EVENTLOGRECORD-structure :(

I think other applications will have the same problem :(

bye,

Oliver Karow

jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran) wrote in message news:<3d8be99b.175818183@news.supernews.com>...
> Is anyone analyzing syslog files produced by Kiwisoft's KiwiSyslog?
> And if so, what are you using to analyze them? I'm finally trying to
> get a little ahead of myself in monitoring these and I'm finding I
> really don't want to write a bunch of scripts if they already exist.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Python Class for Apache log analysis
    ... I am looking for a python package that I could employ to analyze ... Apache's log files in real time. ... scripts, but most of them are outdated, while others are ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Will Linux become as vulnerable as MS ??
    ... >> Linux, each distro is a little different, and even within the distro, ... > Then anyone with a basic understanding of shell scripts could write one ... >> Apache, and despite having several rather nasty holes in Apache, or it's ... >> the vile record that IIS holds in spreading malware. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: An end to tweaking?
    ... > tap dance with ansi.sys commands and debug scripts. ... > One thing I don't like about Linux is the Unix command names. ... > DOS command names were easier to memorize. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Breeds of linux
    ... something more than just a Unix clone, but given the timeframe and the ... it's as solid as the linux kernel has turned out to be. ... scripts written in lame scripting languages. ... grub2 is also driven by a single configuration file, /boot/grub/grub.cfg, and it is only their install/configure business that is such a sloppy mess. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Breeds of linux
    ... the whole concept of bash scripts pipelining command output ... I'm slowly coming around to the point of view that while linux is great ...
    (alt.os.linux)