new windows 2000 users cannot login locally

From: Terry Carter (tcarter@entigo.com)
Date: 09/25/02

From: tcarter@entigo.com (Terry Carter)
Date: 25 Sep 2002 10:53:26 -0700

Here's the issue.

We have several windows 2000 servers across several offices that all
work on a single domain (Through VPN) we have 5 domain controllers
(Active Dir) and several domain member servers.

Here's the problem:

When we create new user accounts you cannot log into workstations
because of the local policy doesn't allow them to login locally. I've
added the users to the login locally part of the policy without
success. The only answer I found was to add the user to the
administrators group.

Second when installing services on non domain controllers it will add
the login user to the run as services group and all is fine. However
if I restart the machine the services will not start because it says
that user cannot login locally. If you goto the servers manager and
resave the user info it again adds the user to the run as a service
group and all is good until we reboot.

This services problem is big because we have users with programs such
as oracle on their workstations that will not start after a reboot
without reseting the user info in the services manager.

Relevant Pages

  • Re:Suddenly can not add computers to the Domain after server crash
    ... YeahBut wrote: ... The following domain controllers were identified by the query: ... Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the ... servers, and the DNS entries for each are correct. ...
  • Re:Suddenly can not add computers to the Domain after server crash
    ... YeahBut wrote: ... The following domain controllers were identified by the query: ... Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the ... servers, and the DNS entries for each are correct. ...
  • RE: DSAccess Problems
    ... Eight Domain Controllers are here in Brazil and one at ... the two Exchange Servers are using the Domain Controllers from Hongk ... links to view our Domain Controllers Policy and Servers Members ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: 2008 Migration to fix issue - Yes/No?
    ... If your site machines ahs problems please post some more details, just expexting something can not help us to help you. ... And posting the requested information will help us, so this is not "off topic", it is the main problem. ... For servers i strongly suggest to use fixed ip addresses and not any ... I have a flat domain with six domain controllers. ...
  • Re: net use and LM / NTLM
    ... Kerberos authentication is used between Windows 2000 machines in a Windows ... verify that all domain controllers for users who log on to ... controllers") MUST have been upgraded to SP4. ... with earlier servers exactly as it did with Service Pack 3. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)