Re: How can I map a drive without being logged into the machine?

From: John (john@nospam.com)
Date: 09/12/02

From: "John" <john@nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:41:42 +0200

Network connections are user bound. Which user needs the map?
For all regular accounts (including accounts userd for services) you only
need to set the connection to persistent..
For the LocalSystem account you need a nullsessionshare set up on the
server,
like in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;Q124184 or Q121281
John

--
The fastest distributor? XYRO ADC on http://www.xyro.com/fidimuc.html
For data/software distribution, inventory and remote installations.
"Pete" <peteyboy25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My question is for NT server.  I want to be able to have a machine map
> to certain network drives.  It shouldn't matter who is logged in,
> including no one being logged in at all.  I want those network drives
> to always be available.  How can I go about this?  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Script help
    ... Network administration is always a ... If these are, in fact, writing lab computers, and students have their files ... shared on a server somewhere on campus, then yes, individual accounts are ... >> need the script, just log on the account and add the printer, followed by ...
  • Re: [opensuse] fstab: umount as user
    ... Network Operating System concepts.... ... accounts and their settings exist on the ... Secondly, one single mount point for all users is just bad, it won't work. ... If A is member of group 2 they can use resource VI when they log in... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Peer to Peer Security in WindowsXP Pro.
    ... I have limited my network shares to Authorized ... I have been unable to share encrypted files over the network. ... can't be shared peer to peer. ... Create user accounts on Computer A that match the ...
  • RE: SIDS show instead of user names
    ... I'd like to make sure the sid can be resolved at the same time you see SID ... As far as the accounts being deleted in AD, ... Go to Capture --> Networks to choose the correct network card by ...
  • Re: Emailing web form information to me
    ... have a default folder such as "public_html" that you are supposed to upload ... if you can map a drive to your ... In the Map Network Drive dialog box, ... network location, and then click Next. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)