Re: Privilege-escalation attacks on NT-based Windows are unfixable

From: Barry Margolin (barmar@genuity.net)
Date: 08/27/02

From: Barry Margolin <barmar@genuity.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:28:16 GMT

In article <3D6ABA14.3070102@127.0.0.1>,
Edward Elliott <nobody@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>Another good tactic. I see two ways to go about this. One is to design
>new languages and libraries with security in mind.

Remember when Java was supposed to be that language? :(

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA

  • Re: Speculative Design Hypothesis (with predictions) 2nd draft
    ... languages are human products, but that does not make them "designed". ... natural languages has nothing to do with design. ... wings and echolocation. ... Because the genetics and fossil evidence show otherwise. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Overview Of New Intel Core i7(Nehalem) Processor
    ... people settled down and started doing more disciplined design. ... apps will still need mathematical, disciplined, unambiguous languages. ... See, tha tis wha tI mean, yo udo not knwo C, and yet yo uhave more opinions ... I wrote my first EPROM programmer with zeros and ones in machine code, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: high level languages for synthesis
    ... languages are more distinct from their cycle-accurate cousins than ... straightforward to use a spiral design methodology using VHDL, ... implement a wide variety of other scientific algorithms. ... FPGA-targeting C-syntax HLL is somehow inherently sequential. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: Speculative Design Hypothesis (with predictions) 2nd draft
    ... languages are human products, but that does not make them "designed". ... natural languages has nothing to do with design. ... evidence to point to them not being human. ... wings and echolocation. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Speculative Design Hypothesis (with predictions) 2nd draft
    ... languages are human products, but that does not make them "designed". ... natural languages has nothing to do with design. ... wings and echolocation. ... Because there's much more variation in mammalian forelimbs than in bat ...
    (talk.origins)