Re: Privilege-escalation attacks on NT-based Windows are unfixable

From: Edward Elliott (nobody@127.0.0.1)
Date: 08/23/02

From: Edward Elliott <nobody@127.0.0.1>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:36:15 GMT

Barry Margolin wrote:
> You trust the web sites you access to give you the expected information.
> You trust your Usenet news server to forward your posts without molesting
> them. Etc.

Yes but I have no special trust in an individual node. Any
modifications to the content would be easily detectable, at which point
I could switch to a number of other hosts providing the same service.

--
Edward Elliott

Relevant Pages

  • REPOST: Leaving the NG Scene for awhile......
    ... Get a good Firewall, Intrusion Detection, and especially a Packet ... Even some web sites that you trust, ... that is locked when your on these secure sites. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: [Full-disclosure] PC Firewall Choices
    ... we've turned ZA off as web sites or programs won't load ... > Talk about trust, I don't trust the logging capability of ZA ... There was no rant from me no preaching to the choir. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Worst SF/F book youve read
    ... People I trust keep telling me about "The Colour Of Her Panties", ... one even sees it advertised on web sites, but my poor befuddled brain ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Linux Fails the Scotland Police Dept.
    ... login and password on multiple servers scattered around the Internet). ... insist on mixed case, some want special characters, some prohibit them, some ... various web sites. ... understand web of trust and even trust me. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Worst SF/F book youve read
    ... Pete Fenelon wrote: ... > People I trust keep telling me about "The Colour Of Her Panties", ... > one even sees it advertised on web sites, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)