Re: Network with too many restrictions

From: Mogens Høj (
Date: 08/21/02

From: "Mogens Høj" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:25:22 +0200

<jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran)> wrote in message
> POLEDIT is the normal manner in which this is done on W9x workstations

Yes, and I found the policy to change.

> I'll
> pass on judging the wisdom of having network security managed by
> someone who is this far from understanding, and instead suggest a
> decent book on Windows 2000 Network Administration, along with a free
> weekend and a couple six-packs, would be in order.

I didn't have that long. They wanted it changed by friday. I'm not going to
study windows 2000 setup anyway, just needed to know this bit. I know enough
to make that tiny change now, without messing the whole works up (i hope
:P). But I might go for the free weekend and the six-packs :)