Re: Newbie to 2000 - Can this be done?

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran@info.der-keiler.de)
Date: 08/14/02

From: jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:32:49 GMT

>The problem is I cannot control or monitor their internet access -
>they can do just about anything. I need to make sure the internet
>connection is used for business applications not music downloading,
>internet radio etc.. The logs the DSL router (80$) creates are
>worthless.

Third party products such as NetNanny, SurfWatch and so on will do
what you need.

>I would like use a WIN2K Server like a "proxy?" to control the access.

Then you need to use ISA, though you may find controlling access a
game with no end. Of course, your "firewall" will give you the logs
to track it as well.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Help .........Win2k3 user accounts and internet control
    ... On that same policy configure a proxy server that does not exist such as ... proxy exception so that it would work) that explains Internet access has been ... control over users internet use. ...
  • Re: Block Internet Access
    ... Hiya Oscar ... The good thing about Browse Control, since you are in an Education ... internet access in each room by them selves i.e. they can turn ... internet ON or OFF for some/all of the PCs. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Newbie to 2000 - Can this be done?
    ... software on it to control Internet access. ... > the users with direct access to the internet. ... > The problem is I cannot control or monitor their internet access - ... > connection is used for business applications not music downloading, ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: monitoring corporate internet usage
    ... It allows you to control who has internet access ... > Subject: monitoring corporate internet usage ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Group Policy - Restrict Internet Access by OU?
    ... you could not find ISA on SBS 2003, you can use SBS premium technology disk ... to install ISA server. ... restrict internet access on special user group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)