Re: how to install services remotly from domain server?

From: chris@nospam.com
Date: 07/26/02

From: chris@nospam.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:44:25 -0700

>Hi,
>
>I need to install remotly, through domain server, one service. The
>users shall not notice that this service is being installed.
>
>To do so I have an exe which takes care of copying and install the
>service.
>I tried to make a batch file, where I run the exe (with all necessary
>parameters), and put it as a Logon Script (on domain server) but the
>result was not what I expected because the the user logged on remote
>PC had not permission to install any service!

Head over to www.sysinternals.com and grab a free copy of 'psexec'. It
lets you remotely execute programs on NT/W2K/XP machines. Also,
there is a toll in the RK called netsvc (I think) that lets you
remotely install and remove services.

-Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Install .exe Files From Web to PPC (without ActiveSync)
    ... Every now and then I've gotten lucky with an .exe. ... PC from my PPC phone (which then displays your PC desktop for you to ... control,) download the .exe to the PC, run and install it (remotely on ... Having remote access means your PC is essentially anywhere your PPC is! ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition)
  • Re: how to install services remotly from domain server?
    ... > I need to install remotly, through domain server, one service. ... > startup script there would not be any problems with permissions but, ... > this is only possible in Windows2000 servers with Active Directory. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • how to install services remotly from domain server?
    ... I need to install remotly, through domain server, one service. ... startup script there would not be any problems with permissions but, ... this is only possible in Windows2000 servers with Active Directory. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • winfax and XP
    ... In my office we have several PC's on a network and a domain server. ... We need to install a fax management software on a PC and share it with other. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • RE: Problem with Exchange 5.5 connector when trying to populate AD
    ... > I am having some fun upgrading from NT Domain server that is running ... > AD updates and have installed the exchange 5.5 connector to try and pull ... Hi, I have your same problem, did You find any solution to install ...