chntpw failed on Pentium 4 processor

Date: 07/17/02

Date: 17 Jul 2002 10:27:53 -0700

Hi,

I've used the chntpw utility successfully on many Pentium 3 processor computers.
Recently, I've received some new Compaq computers with Pentium 4 processor.
I've installed Win2K Professionnal on them. Then I tried to boot it with the
chntpw linux diskette.

The first time, there was an error: Loading initrd.gz...Boot failed
I rebooted again with the same diskette and got this:
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER
VFS: Mounted root (msdos filesystem) readonly
Freeing unused kernel memory: 64K freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

Then the system is freezing.
I got the same error on the other Pentium 4 computers.

Has anyone succeeded with chntpw on Pentium 4 processor ?

L'Ombre Jaune