chntpw failed on Pentium 4 processor

Date: 07/17/02

Date: 17 Jul 2002 10:27:53 -0700

Hi,

I've used the chntpw utility successfully on many Pentium 3 processor computers.
Recently, I've received some new Compaq computers with Pentium 4 processor.
I've installed Win2K Professionnal on them. Then I tried to boot it with the
chntpw linux diskette.

The first time, there was an error: Loading initrd.gz...Boot failed
I rebooted again with the same diskette and got this:
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER
VFS: Mounted root (msdos filesystem) readonly
Freeing unused kernel memory: 64K freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

Then the system is freezing.
I got the same error on the other Pentium 4 computers.

Has anyone succeeded with chntpw on Pentium 4 processor ?

L'Ombre Jaune

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Vga card for XT (ISA)
    ... Pentium Overdrive 120/133 Socket 4 ... Certain Socket 2,3, or 6 motherboards ... Weren't there a couple of weird, off brand computers out there that did ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic)
  • Re: Ant To Raid/Cook: "What you did was childish, vindictive and unwarranted."
    ... I allowed my ISP contract to expire (dialup, ... Pentium I, Pentium II). ... I use my computers for other things, ... Trading Turing machine for touring machine so to ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Sarge -> Lenny, or Etch first?
    ... Hmmm, Lenny is crashing on my machines at this time, but I have old Pentium ... based computers and compatibles. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Missing instructions on Cyrix 686 processors
    ... introduced with the Pentium MMX and K6 processors, but that was added with the 6x86MX processor. ... I have some Intel Pentium based computers without the MMX extensions, ... If it happens at the same memory address but to different programs, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)