Re: which firewall

From: x y (jamescagney90210@excite.com)
Date: 05/25/02

From: "x y" <jamescagney90210@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:35:12 -0400

"Ernie" <ernie@erniebornheimer.com> wrote in message
news:acmhvf0f3p@enews1.newsguy.com...
> Hello
>
> My company's web server is a Win 2K box, IIS, a few hundred to a few
> thousand hits a day. We're looking for a firewall product. Ease of
> administration is very important and low cost is somewhat important.
> Suggestions?
>
> My boss has a copy of Norton Personal Firewall 2001 which he wants me to
> install. Opinions?

I don't believe Norton Personal Firewall is designed for that sort of use.
It could be useful IN ADDITION to a hardware firewall, but should not
replace a hardware firewall in front of the server. I hope you've also
implemented all the security suggestions at www.microsoft.com/security and
in the iis.security newsgroup at the news.microsoft.com news server, such as
IISlockdown with URLscan, an antivirus program, etc. etc.