Re: which firewallFrom: x y (email@example.com)
- Next message: Andrew: "recommendation on an exploit and malicious software"
- Previous message: Wolfgang Kueter: "Re: which firewall"
- In reply to: Ernie: "which firewall"
- Next in thread: Jerry Leslie: "Re: which firewall"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "x y" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:35:12 -0400
"Ernie" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> My company's web server is a Win 2K box, IIS, a few hundred to a few
> thousand hits a day. We're looking for a firewall product. Ease of
> administration is very important and low cost is somewhat important.
> My boss has a copy of Norton Personal Firewall 2001 which he wants me to
> install. Opinions?
I don't believe Norton Personal Firewall is designed for that sort of use.
It could be useful IN ADDITION to a hardware firewall, but should not
replace a hardware firewall in front of the server. I hope you've also
implemented all the security suggestions at www.microsoft.com/security and
in the iis.security newsgroup at the news.microsoft.com news server, such as
IISlockdown with URLscan, an antivirus program, etc. etc.