Server Problem

Date: 05/20/02

Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:06:59 GMT

Would like to know if anyone can help me with this server problem?

>From 3:30 pm until 4:30 pm every day the [System Process] in task manager
indicates that there is 100% usage of the processor. There are six drives
in a raid setup with 3-volumes. All of the drives lights during this time
are very busy until it ends at 4:30. When the drives stops the processor
returns to 97% idle. This occurs every day at exactly the same time.

This wouldn't be a problem except that all users begin to run much slower
during this busy period since this is a file/application server. I cannot
seem to locate the problem because task manager just indicates a [System
Process].

Would greatly appreciate any ideas.

Thank you

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Server Problem
    ... It sounds like you have a scheduled job running at that time. ... > Would like to know if anyone can help me with this server problem? ... All of the drives lights during this time ... > during this busy period since this is a file/application server. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Server Problem
    ... It sounds like you have a scheduled job running at that time. ... > Would like to know if anyone can help me with this server problem? ... All of the drives lights during this time ... > during this busy period since this is a file/application server. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Server Problem
    ... Would like to know if anyone can help me with this server problem? ... indicates that there is 100% usage of the processor. ... All of the drives lights during this time ... during this busy period since this is a file/application server. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Need Help on PageFile Usage
    ... size" on both logical drives of the max you can type into the space. ... RAM usage and PF usage. ... THIS server at times) I will start with the memory usage by app. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Planning & therorem provers & FSMs
    ... someone knows if there are works about usage of planning ... > systems and/or theorem provers to automatically generate the main rules ... > that drives a finite state machine?. ...
    (comp.lang.prolog)