Microsoft Services for Unix causes application to fail?

Date: 05/17/02

Date: 17 May 2002 11:10:43 -0700

Sorry for the major cross-posting here - but wasn't sure exactly which
group was appropriate.

I have Microsoft Services for Unix v3.0 loaded to an NT 4.0. This NT
also runs an application called Nastran (from MSC Software Corp).
User claims that there is a particular Nastran job that will fail on
this box, but that will run fine on any other of the NT 4.0's that do
not have SFU.

Has anyone else found an instance where an application failed due to
the presence of SFU?

Thanks,
Michelle D.

Relevant Pages

  • Microsoft Services for Unix causes application to fail?
    ... I have Microsoft Services for Unix v3.0 loaded to an NT 4.0. ... User claims that there is a particular Nastran job that will fail on ... the presence of SFU? ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: [SFU] Services for Unix [anyone using it]
    ... Following the documentation hasn't produced a working setup. ... Normally you'd use NFS in an all-*nix network. ... I'm trying to setup NFS using SFU as my post said. ... The literature says it allows one to use NFS between windows and unix. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: NFS Server
    ... Das heißt "Services for Unix", ist ein POSIX-Subsystem für Windows NT namens Interix (btw: ... und freie gibt es meines Wissens nach kaum für Windows ... Mit einem so aufgerüsteten SfU vermisst man kaum noch Unix/Linux;-) ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vc)
  • Re: RAW network programming under Windows
    ... It transforms your Windows into a certified UNIX (not just a Unix ... SFU 3.5 has a full BSD socket API, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Tcl 8.4.6 Source - Compiling under Windows Services for Unix.
    ... SFU is 'UNIX', ... I have WinXP installed under VMWare and run cygwin on it. ... > desktop to a Win2K box through a VPN). ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)