ERGENT~~~ WINDOWS COMPUTER ACCOUNT

From: tony (tony@extranc.com)
Date: 05/29/02

    From: "tony" <tony@extranc.com>
    Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:09:24 -0700

    Hi:

    i have a computer installed with Win2000 Pro. i
    can ping others in my network with ip address.
    However, i can't connect to anyone with their host name.
    i modifed the dns setting to my domain server without success.
    i checked the service and i found "Network Logon Service" is off
    and i couldn't get it on no matter how hard i tried.

    i suspect that would be the one causing me problem. Maybe i'm
    wrong. Can anyone suggest me some comments?

    Thank you advance for the time and effort!

    tony

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: One computer cant see the other.
      ... I'm not sure I'm doing this right Steve, but on the command prompt at my host ... command prompt on my host machine and my client machine when I ping the host. ... network of two computers. ... The most likely problem is that a firewall (Norton, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, ...
    • Re: simple networking question
      ... Can the hardware PC's ping each other? ... company so why can't I network two pcs together?? ... I'm guessing you can ping by IP but not host name. ... virtualization). ...
    • Re: Web Site Mystery
      ... there is a pointer to the ip address of the host ... When I ping any other address it does resolve to an ip address but returns ... www.europacrown.com don't work from our corporate network. ... promoted our a SQL server to act as a domain controller and active ...
    • Re: I cant connect via ssh
      ... ssh: connect to host xx.xx.xx.xx port 22: No route to host ... Ping the host and see if it is there. ... The network I'm using is in a research institute, ... and the machines aren't directly ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: DHCP and DNS
      ... Assuming you can ping the computer by IP, can you ping it by FQDN? ... I have about 120 Win XP Pro users on my network, ... About 10% of the users cannot resolve the new host name. ... I can make name resolution work by changing the IP configuration from ...