ntfs file wipe at server

From: BassFishin2209 (bassfishin2209@yahoo.com)
Date: 05/29/02

From: bassfishin2209@yahoo.com (BassFishin2209)
Date: 28 May 2002 17:33:22 -0700

Hello All,
I am looking for suggestions for a file wiping utility to sit on one
of my file servers (NT4.0 ntfs). All I have been able to find so far
are designed for desktop use. I hope to find something that can be
installed on the server and will wipe the file to DOD standard shortly
after the network user deletes the file. I know this contradicts many
of the reasons to have a file server, but that is what I really need
with this particular box. I am currently trying to use a product
designed for a workstation to periodically wipe the free space, but
that is impractical due to re-wiping all of the free space every time
I need to wipe the deleted files. I hope there is a product that could
wipe all of the free space one time and then after that wipe deleted
files as they occur.

TIA
BassFishin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ntfs file wipe at file server
    ... > of my file servers. ... > installed on the server and will wipe the file to DOD standard shortly ... > free space every time I need to wipe the deleted files. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: ntfs file wipe at file server
    ... > of my file servers. ... > installed on the server and will wipe the file to DOD standard shortly ... > free space every time I need to wipe the deleted files. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • ntfs file wipe at file server
    ... of my file servers. ... installed on the server and will wipe the file to DOD standard shortly ... free space every time I need to wipe the deleted files. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • ntfs file wipe at file server
    ... of my file servers. ... installed on the server and will wipe the file to DOD standard shortly ... free space every time I need to wipe the deleted files. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • ntfs file wipe at server
    ... of my file servers. ... installed on the server and will wipe the file to DOD standard shortly ... that is impractical due to re-wiping all of the free space every time ... I need to wipe the deleted files. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)