Cannot remove Server from Server Manager

From: Keeger (Strat59_00@yahoo.com)
Date: 05/27/02

From: Strat59_00@yahoo.com (Keeger)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:58:57 GMT

I had attempted to replace a stand-alone server over the weekend.
After backing up the data files, I shut down the old server and
renamed the new server to the same name as the old one (so that I
wound not have to change client settings). The new server could not
log on because the trust relationship failed. So I deleted the server
name (let's say "SERV1" for example) from Server Manager. The name
went away immediately, then I recreated it, and the new server was
able to log on as SERV1.
But there was a problem with main application so I have to abandon the
replacement for a week or so. Problem is, I now cannot delete the
server "SERV1" from Server Manager. When I try, I get a message along
the lines of "even though this server still appears in the view, it
will be deleted as part of normal housekeeping which should take place
within 15 minutes". Well I've waited hours and it's still there. I
cannot log the old server back onto the domain because I get the
"trust relationship failed" message.
Is there any way to force this "housekeeping" Or is there a manual
way to remove it either from the registry or some ini file?
I have tried refreshing the view, and re-synching with the BDC.
Thanks.

  • Re: Spam luserism -- even more than usual.
    ... Client's Payroll app can't restore payroll info from its backedup data files. ... delete the data files on the live server and retry the restore. ... There are no rules for good photographs, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • HELP! Changing User from having data stored on server to back desk
    ... I have a client who had a server setup ... workgroup setup with data files stored on the desktops. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error 98,90
    ... “oplocks”) for shared files is available for multi-user network ... a file access method that allows the caching of data files on a user’s ... without a dedicated server. ... first user’s local machine and allows file access to the second user. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: The Chkdsk.exe utility incorrectly identifies and resets security descriptors
    ... Doing a Parallel install of Server 2003? ... SBS 2003 Dell OEM on a Dell ... IDs enough to get access to data files? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Locking down files on our server
    ... Have you considered to build your Databases on SQL Server, ... "Brian" wrote: ... > files stored on the server and the employees' shell application linking to ... > the tables on those data files. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)