Re: NT DoNotUse password list

From: Joe Morris (jcmorris@mitre.org)
Date: 05/17/02

From: jcmorris@mitre.org (Joe Morris)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:57:55 +0000 (UTC)

Peter Larsen <plarsen@mail.tele.dk> writes:

>Marc Richardson wrote:

>> I am trying to implement a password list that users will not be able
>> to use when choosing passwords. Where would I put this on the pdc?
>> Or what tool do I use?..thx...Marc

>passfil.dll, read about it on the microsoft web site, you appear to want
>to implement and modify it.

Um...I think you mean "PASSFILT.DLL". One steenkin' leeetle letter... <g>

See KB article Q151082 for a discussion and sample code. Note that although
the same functionality is available in NT and W2K domain controllers, the
mechanism to control it has changed. Try searching the KB for "PASSFILT.DLL"
to see some of the other articles...or better yet, search the entire
Technet database.

Joe Morris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NT DoNotUse password list
    ... >> to use when choosing passwords. ... the same functionality is available in NT and W2K domain controllers, ... Try searching the KB for "PASSFILT.DLL" ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Dial-in tab not showing
    ... and searching for Q837490 does not raise ... >> In the AD mmc on the Windows 2003 domain controllers, ... >> I am a Domain Admin and Enterprise Admin. ...
  • Re: Dial-in tab not showing
    ... and searching for Q837490 does not raise ... >> In the AD mmc on the Windows 2003 domain controllers, ... >> I am a Domain Admin and Enterprise Admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration)