Roaming user profile in NT delete and go for local user profile???

From: cmje (thecanadaguy@attglobal.net)
Date: 05/16/02

From: "cmje" <thecanadaguy@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:49:45 -0400

We have over 3000 users whose profiles are setup as roaming users in Windows
NT 4.0. We would like to change these roaming profiles to local profiles.
How do we do this with mimimal user impact? We know how to do this on a
individual basis but when you have to do over 3000 users it could get very
time consuming. Is there a registry setting that would do this? What have
other organizations done?

Relevant Pages

  • Dynamic Local User
    ... Roaming users by definition don't have local profiles... ... >Local user accounts don't dynamically create on ... >in Windows Group Policies. ...
  • MS Installer is Driving me Insane
    ... I have 40 or so roaming users and normally, ... machine to generate profiles. ... that and I try to start say Word 2003, MS Installer keeps ... Outlook won't run ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Convert Roaming Profiles to Local
    ... I am in a mixed Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 ... We currently are using Roaming profiles from ... clients to local profiles with out having to go desk to ...
  • Roaming user profile in NT delete and go for local user profile???
    ... We have over 3000 users whose profiles are setup as roaming users in Windows ... We would like to change these roaming profiles to local profiles. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Advise needed on using one profile for TS/Citrix and fat client sessions
    ... depending on the software and software configuration. ... we use two profiles it is fine. ... for roaming users when they are using their normal and ... Citrix sessions using the group policy Loopback processing in Replace ...