Re: can't share files on WinXP Pro

From: JC (chang@platform.nospam.com)
Date: 04/21/02

From: "JC" <chang@platform.nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:35:17 -0400

The problem is gone after installing the most recent XP windows update.

"Henry Leparskas" <hlepar@uwo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We have a similar problem in trying to share a printer between Win 98
and
> 2000.
> When the printer is on the 98 system, and we try to set up the printer via
2000,
> this is what happens. In the 'Add Printer Wizard', under 'Browse for
Network
> Printer', we see the name of the shared printer okay, but there is an
error
> message that comes up:
>
> "THE DATA AREA PASSED TO A SYSTEM CALL IS TOO SMALL"
>
> If we click 'OK', it tells us that the printer was either given the wrong
name
> or is unavailable. It works fine to another 98 sytem.
>
> ALso, when we had the printer on the 2000 system, we could not access it
via
> Win98.
>
> I wonder if we are experiencing similar problems. We have found no
solutions.

> Henry
> hlepar@uwo.ca
>
> -----------------------
>
> JC wrote:
>
> > I am having problems with file sharing on WinXP Pro. I shared a
directory,
> > say doc as
> > doc, on the same computer where doc is, when I use \\mypc\doc to view
the
> > share, it gives error:
> > \\mypc\\doc is not accessible.You might not have the permission to use
this
> > network resource. Contact the administrator to see if you have
persmission.
> > Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
> >
> > I can see the printers shared under \\mypc on mypc.
> >
> > Of course, I will not be able to access this share on other PCs.
> >
> > What's wrong? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: COMAPI FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=80080005)
    ... I wouldn't add to them by installing beta software ... Internet Explorer security update that just released in Feb 2009 and is ... me to find that particular download and of course when I go to Windows ... the very thorough Castle Cops How To Fix Windows Update internet file ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • windows update website not displaying
    ... My Mom just bought a brand new Dell desktop with XP Pro on it. ... I walked her through installing AIM Pro, ... Windows Update, still no go, same result. ... After the ' Can not display message ' appears, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Installed SP3, now getting "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem" messa
    ... After the required restart, it pushed SP3 to me (I'd had a problem ... related to a corrupted installation file installing this previously). ... The yellow Windows update shield was there again and pushed another ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: COMAPI FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=80080005)
    ... Explorer 8 running fast ... ... some of them but they were not BITS or Windows Update ... ... and this download seem to be happening at a much slower pace than what I have ... I wouldn't add to them by installing beta ...