Re: Utility for mapping user against computer

From: John C. Ring, Jr. (jcring@switch.com)
Date: 04/16/02

From: jcring@switch.com (John C. Ring, Jr.)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:27:04 GMT

In article <OoSu8.1$NM4.68@news3.global-ip.net>, "Peter Akerstrom" <peak.delete.this@europe.com> wrote:
>Anyone knows of a utility that shows what computer (name) a specific user is
>logged on to

I don't know of anything for that specifically.

I do know that in a WINS environment that an entry type is entered with the
username and IP address on login. AFAIK that's how the "NET SEND" command
finds out what machine(s) to send to when you use a username.

>and vice versa? All Win2k.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Utility for mapping user against computer
    ... > logged on to and vice versa? ... All Win2k. ... server name and username. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Query for blank passwords in Active Directory
    ... Depending on your Domain Controllers configuration, it may be extremely easy to enumerate users, even without having credentials for accessing the AD domain. ... If rpcclient's "enumusers" command doesn't work, it may still be possible to get the users list scanning for SIDs. ... If you're stuck on Windows as testing plaform, you should also take a look at enum.exe. ... username as well as username = password). ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Using NET SEND for a pop-up box
    ... Why not use a batch file and some ECHO commands instead? ... I've done a bit of testing and found that NET SEND <username> ... Sc.exe config "messenger" start= auto ... The first part is using the SC command Microsoft released to make sure ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Connect to VPN from command line?
    ... Yes, and again from my original question, how can I make the call ... WITHOUT embedding username and password in the command line? ... Windows Explorer can launch a network connection using saved ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem Restated: OPA0 on DS10L
    ... %REM-I-TOQUIT, connection established ... Username: Username: R\ ... Too many parameters - reenter command with fewer parameters ... I.E. did SET HOST/DTE just dump the data already in the typeahead buffer ...
    (comp.os.vms)