Re: Utility for mapping user against computer

From: Sergio Ricci (sergio.ricci@no.spam.com)
Date: 04/16/02

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:29:53 +0100
From: "Sergio Ricci" <sergio.ricci@no.spam.com>

Peter,

I don't know of any utility but would a simple script that writes to a log
file do for you? In the logon script just add something like:

@Echo User %username% is logging on from computer %Computername% >>
\\server\share\filename.txt

Hope this helps a little.
Sergio

"Peter Akerstrom" <peak.delete.this@europe.com> wrote in message
> Anyone knows of a utility that shows what computer (name) a specific user
is
> logged on to and vice versa? All Win2k.
> --
> Regards
> Peter Akerstrom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how do i write a logon script ????
    ... Regards ... > Mark Dormer ... >> The use of a logon script is discouraged as it will ... >> Microsoft MVP ...
  • Re: Question about a logonscript
    ... i've downloaded an E-Book and the firts thing for mapping drive letters was ... a logon script so i guessed i needed that. ... Regards, ... > Mick wrote: ...
  • Re: Distribute print drivers
    ... You could write a logon script such as this one ... Regards ... > based upon group membership when the users login. ... Prev by Date: ...
  • SBS 2003 Logon script
    ... When logging on the server with client computers ... the logon script will not load..... ... Best Regards ... Niklas Banck ...
  • Re: Logon Scripts
    ... This newsgroup is for "SMS Installer" questions, ... > WIth regards to Logon scripts, when you tell SMS to automatically deploy ... I was wondering if there was more that one logon script on the ... > PDC, does it change them all or just the first one it finds? ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.installer)