Re: can't share files on WinXP Pro

From: KlausF (Sorry@TooMuch.Junk.net)
Date: 04/08/02

From: "KlausF" <Sorry@TooMuch.Junk.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:13:26 +1000

Under WinNT and Win2000 the error message
"Not enough server storage is available to process this command"
indicated the the machine needed a service pack upgrade.

"JC" <chang@platform.nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems with file sharing on WinXP Pro. I shared a
directory,
> say doc as
> doc, on the same computer where doc is, when I use \\mypc\doc to view the
> share, it gives error:
> \\mypc\\doc is not accessible.You might not have the permission to use
this
> network resource. Contact the administrator to see if you have
persmission.
> Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
>
> I can see the printers shared under \\mypc on mypc.
>
> Of course, I will not be able to access this share on other PCs.
>
> What's wrong? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem sharing external drive
    ... Check microsoft KB Document below for error message "Not enough server storage is available to process this command." ... > classical and simple file sharing. ...
  • Error Msg ->Microsoft windows network. Not enoughserver storage is available to process this co
    ... error message: "Not enough server storage is available to process this ... command" when I try to view the shared files of the other computer on my ... 2-computer wireless network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Error Message: "Not enough server storage is available to process this
    ... error message: "Not enough server storage is available to process this ... command" when I try to view the shared files of the other computer on my ... 2-computer wireless network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: cant share files on WinXP Pro
    ... >"Not enough server storage is available to process this command" ... >indicated the the machine needed a service pack upgrade. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Display Problems
    ... If it shows up in the GUI, it is there, and must be present ... > get the error message that you, in fact, did get. ... > Or issue the command; ... > in the midst of the frustration, by all means, vent away. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)