Re: Can't Log In! Please Help!

From: KlausF (Sorry@TooMuch.Junk.net)
Date: 03/28/02

From: "KlausF" <Sorry@TooMuch.Junk.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:34:51 +1100

<r_brummel_out_@att.net> wrote in message
news:3ca26017.3141446@news-server.twcny.rr.com...
> If you delete the SAM and assuming you have an NTFS partition somewhere,
with
> some file security, do those files become inaccessible without a 3rd party
> thingee like the sysinternals stuff?
>
> THanks.
>
> Richard

After deleting the SAM you end up with one account: "administrator".
This account is inherently authorised either to access all files and
folders, or to seize ownership of all files and folders. Hence there
is no problem.

Klaus

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot really rename user
    ... my name (ike white) and it all appears to be changed. ... Why is "Sam," still showing there and how can I get rid of that? ... log on with the desired account. ... User Account Folders trivia: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: System deleted User Account
    ... my account was deleted, I then created another one and that to was deleted. ... Nothing but trying to figuring out which updates are to be uninstalled ... Pack is what made my Windows 2000 PC almost useless. ... the Add/Remove Programs on the fresh SAM account and looked up what date the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: I cant access to System. SAM error , 0xc0000008 handle not va
    ... SAM inizializzation error. ... folder or with one from one of the Snapshot folders in the System Volume ... have exactly one user account, the built in Administrator account with a ...
  • RE: System deleted User Account
    ... this problem Jake and what I said is what exactly happened: ... Nothing but trying to figuring out which updates are to be uninstalled ... account that the System deleted which I restored. ... the Add/Remove Programs on the fresh SAM account and looked up what date the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Which Level of User Account to Use for Software Installation??
    ... initial installation of Vista is completed, ... Administrator user account? ... Hi, Sam - When you first set up your new computer, make at least two user ... an administrator account. ...