How do I migrate user ids and passwords to new server?

From: Joe Cacciatore (jocatch@attglobal.net)
Date: 03/19/02

From: jocatch@attglobal.net (Joe Cacciatore)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:00:27 GMT

I am running NT 4.0 Server on a Netfinity system. The system is being
replaced with new hardware. The new system will be running either NT 4
or Windows 2000 Server. The system is on a lan but there is NO domain
controller. The lan is just a big workgroup.

I have about 100 users. IS there a way to transfer:
1. the user ids and passwords?
2. all the folder shares?

If not, it is going to be a real pain to get all 100 people back to
enter ther ids and passwords all over again. And I have dozens and
dozens of folders shared out. Is there no way to copy over?

Joe C.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I migrate user ids and passwords to new server?
    ... Install the new server as a BDC, sync the sam database, and there ... all the folder shares? ... >enter ther ids and passwords all over again. ... >dozens of folders shared out. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • RE: VmWare and Pen-test Learning
    ... Setup a tftp server on your client machine. ... Use John the Ripper to crack the passwords. ... (dictionary attacks, brute force, single mode). ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service can help ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Strange SSID in the air...
    ... the cable modem assigning Gateway+DNS to the Linksys router etc.)? ... to verify that DNS lookups actually point to the real web site. ... from overloading one server, while another remains under-utilized. ... dumb applications that are not very smart about encrypting passwords. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: unified authentication
    ... > I have a number of FreeBSD machines. ... Each *class* of server or device gets a different root password (or ... root/enable passwords, and have a bit less worry about ex-employees. ... only sysadmins have logins on routers.) ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: Where are Local Passwords stored on Win2K
    ... This should restrict the likely hood of have access to multiple server if one is to get compromised. ... Where are Local Passwords stored on Win2K ... compromises within our network. ...
    (Security-Basics)