Hacker put files in directories I can't look at and I can't delete the files.

From: Nick Messick (nick@trendwhore.com)
Date: 03/16/02

From: nick@trendwhore.com (Nick Messick)
Date: 15 Mar 2002 15:07:52 -0800

A hacker anonymously ftp into one of my machines and dump a bunch of
files. The directories have weird names so I went to the DOS promt
and I was able to get rid of most of the files and most of the
directories. The problem is a few of the files say "Access is denied"
when i try to delete them using del *.* /f. How can I make these
files accessible so I can delete them?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems with Blocking Inheritance
    ... "I have put a certain number of these machines in an OU below a bunch ... >> Inheritance, looking at policy inheritance in GPMC it looks like its ...
  • Re: Training Week Ending May 21, 2006
    ... I've got 2 machines at home, Airdyne ... bike and Concept 2 rower, and it's probably no accident that they are ... rather not have a bunch of extra crap that can break anyway. ...
    (rec.running)
  • Re: Blue screen , find a line code offending
    ... If all you do is to look at a crash dump file, ... You need two systems or two virtual machines and Windbg. ... Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting ...
  • Re: How to debug after BSOD and reboot on single machine?
    ... dump to "Complete memory dump" and then using WinDBG to try to analyze the ... Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK) ... IS there a way to access the debugging info after restart? ... Or do I have to use 2 machines in order to debug BSODs? ...
  • Problems with Blocking Inheritance
    ... I have a bunch of WinXP machines in a bunch of OUs, ... Inheritance, looking at policy inheritance in GPMC it looks like its working ...