Registry change using logon scripts

From: Brian (brianluzier@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/14/02

    From: brianluzier@hotmail.com (Brian)
    Date: 14 Mar 2002 12:02:44 -0800

    Ok, does anybody know of a way to have a registry change via logon
    script for a NT user without local admin privelages???? I have tried
    regedit, regini, and looked at kixstart. According to what I've read,
    all 3 require the user logging on to have admin privelages. I am
    trying to update some keys in the
    "HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cwbnetnt"
    section to fix a conflict between SMS and our AS400 Client Access
    software pacakge. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    Brian

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Login Script Problems
      ... am trying to get it to silently run a .reg file at logon im doing the ... WshShell.Run "regedit /s tif.reg" ... I cant remember off top of my head but when the logon script runs is ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Login Script Problems
      ... am trying to get it to silently run a .reg file at logon im doing the ... WshShell.Run "regedit /s tif.reg" ... Is your logon script a batch file or a script file? ... wscript.echo "Running regedit" ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Login Script Problems
      ... am trying to get it to silently run a .reg file at logon im doing the ... WshShell.Run "regedit /s tif.reg" ... Is your logon script a batch file or a script file? ... wscript.echo "Running regedit" ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Login Script Problems
      ... am trying to get it to silently run a .reg file at logon im doing ... WshShell.Run "regedit /s tif.reg" ... I cant remember off top of my head but when the logon script runs is ... users have all the correct permissions as it work if they re run the ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Logon script "permission denied"
      ... local admin rights on that machine. ... That has the effect that the script runs in the local machine's SYSTEM context and therefore has sufficient rights to perform the uninstall (again: user logon scripts run in the user's context therefore with the user's permission). ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)