I cannot delete some files uploaded by some bad guy

From: Xiaoxin Yin (xyin1@uiuc.edu)
Date: 03/11/02

From: "Xiaoxin Yin" <xyin1@uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:22:44 -0600

Hi,

Several days ago I opened the IIS ftp server on my win2000 prof. And I
opened an incoming directory that accepts anonymous access. However, later I
found somebody uploaded more than 600M files into the folder. And I cannot
delete these files because win2000 reported the certain folders cannot be
found!

I believe it was a malicious attack because that guy named some folders as
"suck" and transfered files from several different IP address. Now I have
closed the service. I am wondering is there any way that I can delete these
files? The files reside in some folders named "com1", "com2" and "com3". I
can see them in the explorer. But the explorer dies when I try to open those
folders.

Thanks a lot,

Xiaoxin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I cannot delete some files uploaded by some bad guy
    ... To delete folders like COM1, COM2, ...: ... 0167 Can't delete LPT1 and other reserved names? ... > opened an incoming directory that accepts anonymous access. ... But the explorer dies when I try to open ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Forms Based Auth & Anon. Pub Folder Access
    ... Forms-based authentication is enabled for the purpose of mailbox logins, ... I didn't realize this would restrict my ability to allow Anonymous access to ... Pub folders though OWA. ... >> authentication settings on any virtual directories through ESM under ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Forms Based Auth & Anon. Pub Folder Access
    ... How will you get to the public folders anonymously if you have forms-based ... I think the answer to your question would be to enable FBA ... on a front-end server and allow anonymous access to the back-end for public ... > We've enabled Forms based Authentication on our Ex2k3 server for OWA. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authentication
    ... privileges to the folders and files, ... >Associate Expert - Windows XP ExpertZone ... >> When allowing anonymous access to certain files/folders ... >> 2) username & password ...
  • Re: MOSS 2007 B2TR Anonymous Access
    ... When I try to access items in those folders anonymously (e.g. - a css file I created there) I am prompted to log in. ... Does anyone know how I might allow anonymous access to those folders? ... Ben Geers wrote: ...