Port 6667-8 Open irc

From: Mike Maki (mmaki@gte.net)
Date: 03/06/02

From: "Mike Maki" <mmaki@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:07:07 GMT

I just noticed after scanning my NT4.0 box that port 6667 and 6668 (irc) are
open. Somehow it is serving up irc. How do I disable this or shut off these
ports?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: security issue help
    ... Do a netstat -an to see what ports are listening. ... ports yet are not running IRC, ... wireshark should get installed as a dependancy). ...
    (Fedora)
  • Betr.: Blocking IRC Access
    ... Just blocking ports 6665 to 6669 is not enough. ... Best way to block IRC? ... PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Blocking IRC Access
    ... If you have an open port, I can always connect to irc. ... in my office there's a firewall that block all ports ... Tell me on how will you block irc connection. ... >> received an email from our security department that stated they would be ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • SV: Blocking IRC Access
    ... Since you in theory can run IRC on any port you want, ... the ports would not let you stop all IRC traffic. ... PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ... The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Increase in traffic on port 20480 and 6667
    ... > Be informed that 6667 is also one of the most common ports for IRC ... for irc and such stuff to servers one actually needs. ...
    (Security-Basics)