large user profile on NT 4 WS

From: Dado (dalibor.kovac@zg.hinet.hr)
Date: 03/03/02

    From: "Dado" <dalibor.kovac@zg.hinet.hr>
    Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:07:23 +0100

    Hi,

    I have a machine with Windows NT 4 Workstation installed for 5 years. During
    that time my user profile has grown to 420 MB !!! I have only one user
    profile (for user Administrator).
    My computer is getting very slow and I think that one of the reasons is that
    big user profile.

    Is there a way I could edit user profile and make it smaller somehow?

    Thanks,

    Dado

    Relevant Pages

    • RE: Issue with user profile folders and outlook
      ... Just sent the .evt file via email to you using gmail. ... please ensure that the Windows XP clients have the latest ... the user profile after a user logs off, the similar symptom will be shown. ... please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Issue with user profile folders and outlook
      ... please ensure that the Windows XP clients have the latest ... the user profile after a user logs off, the similar symptom will be shown. ... please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • user profile corrupted, lost all my settings
      ... restarted and let checkdisk run. ... several corrupted files, windows would now load. ... with my usual user profile (the only user profile on my ... after restart, checkdisk fixed some corrupted ...
    • user profile becoming corrupted
      ... restarted and let checkdisk run. ... several corrupted files, windows would now load. ... with my usual user profile (the only user profile on my ... after restart, checkdisk fixed some corrupted ...
    • Re: How to restore my user profile?
      ... Logon to another account with admin privilege and run System Restore. ... Windows Troubleshooting & Support ... The new user profile is corrupted after copied from the original ... > user profile is contained in a folder that has the same name as the user. ...