can someone get admin password with physical access?

From: t2k2p (t2k2p@socal.rr.com)
Date: 02/26/02

From: "t2k2p" <t2k2p@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 05:39:41 GMT

Hi, I help out the admin at my school with security, and we have very poor
physical security of computers. Is there a way that any person with
physical access hack the admin or other users password? I heard that you
can use a linux boot disk to access a file and use l0ptcrack to crack it,
but I heard that it only works for FAT32 partitions. Is this true? And if
there is a way to hack the passwords if someone has physical access, how can
they do it? and is there a way to stop it? (besides physical security)
thanks a lot.

calvin-