Re: I don't have a Pagefile !!

From: jasonk (jason_k_3431@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/22/02

From: "jasonk" <jason_k_3431@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:13:19 +1100

"Edu" <eduardo.garcia2@upcnet.es> wrote in message
news:3C664DB1.5FE3164E@upcnet.es...
> Hi, I need help:
>
> When I try to open a session on my Windows 2000 Server, just after
> typing the password I get the message:
>
> Limited Virtual Memory. Your system is running without a properly sized
> paging file (or something similar).
>
> After this, the system exits the Win session and returns to ask for a
> username and a password, so I can never start a windows session, so i
> can't change the settings on my pagefile (open System Properties >>
> Advanced >> Performance Options >> Change).
>
> The problem is that I don't have a paging file. How can i create it
> manually? Where?
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Edu

Safe mode ?

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Cryptographic Flaw in RDP Protocol Can Lead to Information Disclosure
    ... The Remote Data Protocol (RDP) provides the means by which Windows systems ... The first involves how session encryption is implemented in certain ... An attacker who was able to eavesdrop on and record ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Security Question
    ... This article by Mark Russinovich about "Inside Windows Vista User Account Control" might be interresting... ... is logged into that session where it's displayed. ... Similarly, there is no sharp dividing line between two windows on the same desktop - they share a communication to and from the desktop, and sometimes between themselves. ... So, no, what the original poster describes is clearly _not_ the case - two processes running in different sessions should not interfere, because there is a security boundary between them. ...
  • RE: Spying, admin to user login?, Is it possible?
    ... shadow session could not be created directly on Windows XP computer. ... you could active only one user session at one time ... you need to remote desktop to a Windows 2003 ... Microsoft also publishes a KB to describe this work around in detail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Re-Connect
    ... does not include Windows 2003 or Windows Server. ... available target OS's are appropriate for Windows Server 2003 SE SP1? ... but my recollection was that the key is to look for event log errors at the ... remote session, and my local printer is not. ...
  • Re: Mapping network resources from a service
    ... > stations and desktops. ... I think I need to create a new windows station for each ... its own separate session id. ... so the TS session & security context represent the same boundary as ...