Re: Kiss and say goodbye to Microsoft!!

From: Jeff Cochran (no email)
Date: 02/18/02

From: (Jeff Cochran)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:27:18 GMT

>Seriously. How would someone make money as a software developer if software
>is to be free?

Support. From most "free" software out there, I'd say developers are
raking in the dough doing support. They sure aren't getting paid to
write manuals, install programs or help files.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Kiss and say goodbye to Microsoft!!
    ... >> How does one make money (as a software developer) if software is free? ... then having money from support? ... mixed environment (Solaris, Linux, MS). ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Kiss and say goodbye to Microsoft!!
    ... The money to gain from ... > Linux is enormous, just in "support". ... I've been a software developer for a long time, at one point the holy grail ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: continuous feed printer support gone?
    ... > Does your printer software support it, ... yes, I have spoken personally with the software developer, the program is ... developer told me that XP removed its support for this type of printing ( ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: namespaces in unit names in D7
    ... But I guess you have to support older versions of Delphi as well, ... > Therefore namespaces promote reusability. ... It makes me sad. ... > Illya Kysil, software developer ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Send in Behalf
    ... See SendAsGroup application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sendasgroup.shtml ... > how can i configure that user JohnD will be able to send ... > SUPPORT will be used. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)