access remote server

From: steve (steve@nospamtrisys.co.uk)
Date: 02/14/02

    From: "steve" <steve@nospamtrisys.co.uk>
    Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:24:58 -0000

    when I am trying to connect to a remote server in another domain eg:
    Start-Run- \\servername\c$,
    it gives me the following error:-

    "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
    request"

    I can connect to the server via pcanywhere but thats it...

    Ive tried resetting the trust relationships, ive stopped and started the
    netlogon service, but all to no avial.....help!!!!

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Please help refresh my memory on AD DC
      ... When I boot my Laptop I reach the Logon screeen for XP Laptop and here ... admin account to be able to Login so I can control it from the DC. ... A domain user can by default logon to any domain computer, except Domain controllers. ... A Server has websites already hosted on it in a Workgroup and now I ...
    • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
      ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
    • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
      ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
    • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
      ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
    • RE: Problems with 529 Events
      ... attempting to logon on some services on the SBS server. ... and then click Account Lockout Policy. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)