Re: Dumb Win2k network question - remote trafic "viewer"

From: Matt Baker (mattb@arlaus.com.au)
Date: 02/06/02

    From: "Matt Baker" <mattb@arlaus.com.au>
    Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:36:44 +1100

    Perhaps I did not look closely enough but when I had a look at 3com's
    Network Supervisor I didn't notice any bandwidth monitoring features. It
    will tell you when a device is not responding but not how much bandwidth it
    is using.

    Matt

    "BoobBoo" <chris_kernaghan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There are many tools that will perform the task you are requiring.
    >
    > They are called either packet sniffers or network sniffers.
    >
    > Ideally what you want is a graphical tool which will determine which
    > workstation is using a disproportionate amount of bandwidth.
    >
    > Solar Winds network Engineer tools,
    > 3Com Network Supervisor,
    >
    > Also you can use performance monitor on windows,
    > Create a graph to monitor HIS network connection, from your machine.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >
    > Chris
    > <dolinar.nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Hellou!
    > >
    > > I was searching the web, not knowing even how or what should i look
    > > for, so i'm asking here. Maybe you guys and gals will know what i'm
    > > looking for.
    > >
    > > I'm looking for a program that "views" or monitors trafic over other
    > > computers wired into win nt/2k domain. Trafic must be TCP/IP.
    > >
    > > The reason why i'm searching for something like that is that I have a
    > > co-worker on suspiction of high data download and i have no means of
    > > checking it.
    > >
    > > I have a similar program that enables you to view, edit and transfer
    > > logon usernames and passwords along with all permisions from one
    > > computer to the other, remotely.
    > >
    > > My question: does a program like that exist? We use Windows 2000 SP2.
    > >
    > > Re!
    > >
    > > *** Software exists to be free ***
    > > <email antisp6m, remove '.nospam'>
    > > *** Software exists to be free ***
    > > <email antisp6m, remove '.nospam'>

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: How to start Ethereal capture at network usage threshold?
      ... To monitor bandwidth you must capture ALL packets on the network. ... If you want to monitor between certain times you may need to use Windows Task ...
    • Re: Server Performance
      ... Check free disk space; delete Temp files/ Temporary Internet files & ... Remove unnecessary network protocols (NWLink IPX/SPX is often at fault ... > using Performance Logs and Monitor to monitor the server for bottlenecks, ... > but I am not sure which all counters to concentrate on. ...
    • Re: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?
      ... It is the responsibility of the IT Administrators to monitor all data being ... The same policy goes for personal laptops used on the network. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Its War!
      ... the screen I am watching but could monitor which websites I visit. ... soon have WiFi so if I used a notebook computer with WiFi ... There are other states like Connecticut that say that a network owned ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Managed Security Providers (Who do IDS & Firewall Monitoring and Blocking)
      ... What are your thoughts concerning whether or not the MSSP is actually paying attention to the defense of a customer network 24/7/365? ... of a system to monitor just your network. ... response process begins and the issue is handed off to those responsible ...
      (Focus-IDS)