NT Registry

From: sbalee@earthlink.net
Date: 01/13/02

From: sbalee@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:35:49 GMT

Can anyone clear this up....

I was told that the history and cookies from the internet are also kept
in the registry, even though it was deleted from the browser.

Is there any truth to this? If so, where in the registry can this be
found. I did a search under the registry and found none.

Thanks in advance....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Messed up editing registry, need previous values
    ... trojan, so I was backing up with bad data. ... Is there any other way to correct these keys such as through Internet ... Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ... Here is another page, that quotes the Symantec technical page, and does not ...
  • Re: address bar wont complete links
    ... IE History Damaged - Won't work ... See: How To Delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files: ... check the Registry to see if this file is there. ... In order to restore you default Search functions, ...
  • Re: Problem with slower startup of XP windows SP3
    ... I suspect he may have meant to CREATE a new backup of the Registry, ... necessarily fault Panda etc. for not finding trojans and spyware; ... Download the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here ... Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Deleting Search Entries
    ... Edit IE URL is a freeware that lets you keep only the URLs you want to ... see in the Internet Explorer's address bar. ... These URL addresses are maintained in the Windows Registry and can be ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: IE crashes
    ... My understanding on the issue is: Internet Explorer freezes up when it ... To resolve this issue, delete the corrupted registry keys, and then ... 256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry ...