URGENT~~~ WIN2000 USER/SECURITY PROBLEM

From: tony (tony@extranc.com)
Date: 01/08/02

From: "tony" <tony@extranc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:13:30 -0800

Hi:

 i have win2000 Adv. installed in my server.
i want to grant normal users with privilege
with installing softwares.

Does anyone know which group i should assign them into?
or any other things should do?

i want normal users to install software on their own pcs
and i have assigned them into Administrator/bulitin group in
AD, but users still complain something wrong with software
they are using or problem when installing. i KNOW it's
simplely just the user/secuirty issue. but can someone
just share me a more solid solution with me?

i know i can't just go to every single workstation and
rename the administrator to match every normal user, right @@

i'm truly appreciated for everyone read this message~~

tony

Relevant Pages

  • Re: URGENT~~~ WIN2000 USER/SECURITY PROBLEM
    ... > with installing softwares. ... > i want normal users to install software on their own pcs ... On the individual pcs, assign users in to the administrators group. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: URGENT PLZ~~~ ***User Previlege***
    ... installed in my server. ... > i want to grant normal users with privilege ... > of installing softwares. ... Do you want normal users to install software on their own pcs, ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)