Re: URGENT PLZ~~~ ***User Previlege***

From: bomba (uknowuluvituslag@no_spamhotmail.com)
Date: 01/04/02

    From: bomba <uknowuluvituslag@no_spamhotmail.com>
    Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:34:32 +0100

    tony wrote:

    > Hi:
    >
    > i have win2000 Adv. installed in my server.
    > i want to grant normal users with privilege
    > of installing softwares. Does anyone know
    > which group i should assign them into?

    Do you want normal users to install software on their own pcs, or actually
    on the the server? If it's just the workstations, then make them local
    administrators.

    bomba

    Relevant Pages

    • URGENT~~~ WIN2000 USER/SECURITY PROBLEM
      ... i want to grant normal users with privilege ... with installing softwares. ... i want normal users to install software on their own pcs ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
    • OT: muddleftpd config while running as a normal user
      ... I want to run muddleftpd as a normal user, ... one group is to catch invalid usernames ... # tell the server these usernames are disabled ... # This configures the normal users. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Strategy to Remote Desktop multiple users simultanously
      ... For normal users you have to buy Terminal server client access licenses and install a Terminal server licensing server. ... Then use a member server, NOT domain controller, installed with Terminal services in application mode. ...
    • Re: Removing Software Restriction on remote executable
      ... Do the normal users get any message when they try to start the ... Q. When users run a program from a file server, ... Start Internet Explorer on the Terminal Server, ... 815141 - Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration Changes ...
    • Re: Add Disconnect to Start Menu
      ... This is not a concern if all of your TS users are normal users, because they don't have the SeShutdownPrivilege, which is required to perform a shut down/restart. ... Removing the shut down option from the start menu does *not* prevent the user from shutting down/restarting the server via other means. ... The user who needs access to the disconnect option, ... group policy setttings so far:- ...