Re: Potential security leak in Linux kernel + fix

"David W. Hodgins" <dwhodgins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 06:06:32 -0500, Grant <g_r_a_n_t_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:14:27 +0100, Aragorn <aragorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With thanks to Bit Twister, who brought this to our attention in
alt.os.linux.mandriva. Details in the article at the URL below.

Was fixed long time ago, old news...

You're thinking of another bug, as I was, when I first read this.
released 2009-11-04, it affects all kernels prior to 2.6.32-rc6.

Most distributions are not affected, as they set
/proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr to a value other then zero, but
currently up-to-date redhat and suse systems are affected.

So are mandriva systems.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Change to to reply by email.
( has been set up specifically for