udp packets going to nntp server after app closed

just watching the packets go by with wireshark and trying to debug why my
nntp service is so unreliable from day to day...noticed 5 or 6 minutes
after shutting down pan, and watching the process of a traceroute with
the output from wireshark that something was sending udp packets to the
nntp server...speculation?

--
just shut up and run

  • Re: Continuous internet activity
    ... IP address out of the exercise (dest address for the packets). ... starts the capture. ... Wireshark is not running, and then it is "safe" to transmit ... There is a small probability of a networking problem, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: When is an OSA card too busy?
    ... get Wireshark to capture the OSA traffic on a ... mirrored switch port - you need to involve your network people for that though. ... Are all the packets meant for the mainframe (e.g. ftp, ... assume that you are maxing out your OSA. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: kernel network
    ... Subject: kernel network ... > However, when listening to my home network using wireshark, ... > afraid to say that there aren't any packets showing. ... Dept. of Computer Sciences ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Suitable Kerberos Server for Packet cable ??
    ... Was a long time ago I did packetcable for wireshark so my memory is hazy... ... Could I get information which kerberos server is best suited for Packet cable project specification. ... Is there any limitation if we use open source krb5 server published by MIT ?? ... In wireshark the incompatibility issue between 1510 and packetcable is minor since we only ever unmarshall packets and never mashall them. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: kernel network
    ... Subject: kernel network ... However, wireshark does not ... struct socket *sock = NULL; ... > everything but UDP packets with the 192.168.2.2 address on them. ...
    (freebsd-net)