Re: ulimit

Steven Borrelli wrote:
How can I (being root) prevent other users from changing their ulimit?
I know this is possible in UNIX, but I'm not sure about Linux (i.e.
Slackware, SUSE). By the way, how would I do it in UNIX? (i.e.
Solaris, Darwin, or FreeBSD)

For Linux
man limits.conf

limits.conf lives in /etc/security usually.
It applies (or could apply, depending on configuration) to any user.
It's not dependent on shell. You can use the shell ulimit command to
change soft limits, like a previous poster said, but hard limits are
absolute maximums.

  • Re: A Symbol- Abstracted Al
    ... depending at last. ... The unix of the compatible lounge is the ... breakfast that guarantees technically. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: user ip
    ... >> Depending on what version of unix you're running you can probably get ... >> it from the who command. ... On Solaris, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: php and freetds
    ... Depending on what you have on your system, they could be PHP, Apache, Unix or some batch program running. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: conditional merging.
    ... And depending on the first id, i want to have a merged file like ... A simple join in Unix will do it,but problem would be the decimal ... If the files aren't sorted to begin with, ... if you use awk to combine them. ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: Portable AllegroServe + Clisp
    ... > It's been there for some years (but depending on compilation options) ... > under UNIX. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)