Re: ulimit

Steven Borrelli wrote:
How can I (being root) prevent other users from changing their ulimit?
I know this is possible in UNIX, but I'm not sure about Linux (i.e.
Slackware, SUSE). By the way, how would I do it in UNIX? (i.e.
Solaris, Darwin, or FreeBSD)

For Linux
man limits.conf

limits.conf lives in /etc/security usually.
It applies (or could apply, depending on configuration) to any user.
It's not dependent on shell. You can use the shell ulimit command to
change soft limits, like a previous poster said, but hard limits are
absolute maximums.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A Symbol- Abstracted Al
    ... depending at last. ... The unix of the compatible lounge is the ... breakfast that guarantees technically. ...
  • Re: user ip
    ... >> Depending on what version of unix you're running you can probably get ... >> it from the who command. ... On Solaris, ...
  • Re: php and freetds
    ... Depending on what you have on your system, they could be PHP, Apache, Unix or some batch program running. ...
  • Re: conditional merging.
    ... And depending on the first id, i want to have a merged file like ... A simple join in Unix will do it,but problem would be the decimal ... If the files aren't sorted to begin with, ... if you use awk to combine them. ...
  • Re: Portable AllegroServe + Clisp
    ... > It's been there for some years (but depending on compilation options) ... > under UNIX. ... Prev by Date: ...