ulimit

How can I (being root) prevent other users from changing their ulimit?
I know this is possible in UNIX, but I'm not sure about Linux (i.e.
Slackware, SUSE). By the way, how would I do it in UNIX? (i.e.
Solaris, Darwin, or FreeBSD)

  • Re: Where to start?
    ... > - NO knowledge of Linux or Unix ... Get the latest set of Slackware CD's. ... But don't hog tie yourself with the Windows way of doing things. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Yet Another Linux Newbie
    ... >I'm Yet Another Linux Newbie. ... And one person has already mentioned Slackware, ... Linux distribution that most resembles a traditional Unix ... supports dual monitors. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Yet Another Linux Newbie
    ... >>I'm Yet Another Linux Newbie. ... I'm a mainframe zVM sysadmin by ... > learn is not Linux so much as it is Unix, and Slackware is the ... > Linux distribution that most resembles a traditional Unix ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Is LINUX better than UNIX
    ... You could throw BSD in there too, as it is a Linux like ... It is not that much like Slackware, which is the most Unix ... It may eventually fork out but I have a feeling that Mr. T ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: hardware: Am I asking too much? freebsd v slack
    ... > partition I am using now...why would one want to use freebsd instead ... You could find a wealth of information googling "freebsd vs linux". ... statement, but after reading the history of UNIX, the BSD family seems to ... FreeBSD is not difficult to set up, but not as intuitive as Slackware ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)