managing iptables firewall using a web interface
- From: greaterheights2003@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 1 Apr 2007 17:17:07 -0700
Hi guys, i wonder if some could help me.having written up the rules
for my firewall using bash scripting, i am faced with the problem of
how to merge this scripts with a web interface (created with php) if
you get what i mean. In other words i dont know how to get a section
of the script to be executed when a particular event occurs. e.g I
have a button on the Web GUI which says: Block ICMP pings. now my
question is how do i get the section of my firewall rules script
dealing with the blocking of ICMP pings to be executed when that
button is clicked by a user? hope i am making myself clear here. I've
had a look at Guarddog firewall http://dot.kde.org/1020374104/ but
cannot really figure this out. any posts highly appreciated. thanks
Edit: Basically i want to be able to manage my firewall using a web
interface (like e.g Guarddog. firestarter etc) rather than manually
typing in commands in a terminal
thanks in advance for any posts
- Prev by Date: Re: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?
- Next by Date: Re: The Amero case and responsibility for security.
- Previous by thread: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?
- Next by thread: Re: Can hackers hit me while I'm on dialup ?