managing iptables firewall using a web interface

Hi guys, i wonder if some could help me.having written up the rules
for my firewall using bash scripting, i am faced with the problem of
how to merge this scripts with a web interface (created with php) if
you get what i mean. In other words i dont know how to get a section
of the script to be executed when a particular event occurs. e.g I
have a button on the Web GUI which says: Block ICMP pings. now my
question is how do i get the section of my firewall rules script
dealing with the blocking of ICMP pings to be executed when that
button is clicked by a user? hope i am making myself clear here. I've
had a look at Guarddog firewall http://dot.kde.org/1020374104/ but
cannot really figure this out. any posts highly appreciated. thanks

Edit: Basically i want to be able to manage my firewall using a web
interface (like e.g Guarddog. firestarter etc) rather than manually
typing in commands in a terminal

thanks in advance for any posts

  • Re: RFC: my firewall ruleset(s)
    ... IPFW numbers rules that increment by 1. ... > The reasoning behind this is so I have a single firewall script for all ... Depending on the rc.conf entries on that server, the firewall ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Turing of SP2 Firewall via registry entry?
    ... Group Policy that disables the firewall (see WF_XPSP2.doc ... Disabling the Use of Windows Firewall Across Your Network ... you create a script file that is read by ...
  • Re: MS Security CD, wsh topic buried, non automated post (promise)
    ... Their stuff is for server is seems. ... you most likely want to script your 'access'. ... the firewall still inserted stuff in about every ... > Saying that you network drives may cease working. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Re: what www perl script is running?
    ... When you run a firewall on a host, you open the ports for the services you want ... that doesn't really add to security at all and may well make you less vigilant. ... Security isn't always about preventing a compromise. ... The part you missed is that the installed script needs to connect out to ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: XPs Firewall
    ... How do you for example help people having just a single machine and an ... internet connection when a firewall is not available in their local ... script, or it's author? ... Yet all that guarantees is that if you download a script from my website ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)