Re: Monitoring users cd'ing out of their ~
- From: robert <slackwarerobert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:32:15 +0000
But if you chroot the logins you will never
get to suitably punnish the offender.
How about rewriting the 'cd' command
to check the home path against going outside, and log it.
Then you get to punnish people now and then,
Of course with the new virtual hardware cpu's, which home directory
on which virtual machine are you checking?
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:46:36 -0800, Sir Jackery wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Colin McKinnon wrote:
I'm running a fairly strict hosting server
(not yet you're not)
and I'd like to be able to
monitor when users cd out of their home dir and then write a perl
daemon to automatically do something suitably punishing.
Sounds a lot like hard work. Why not just give them chroot logins?
That's what I would do. A chroot jail is the textbook way to allow others
command line access securely.
- Prev by Date: Re: weird, ls ?? need help!!!!!
- Next by Date: Re: Monitoring users cd'ing out of their ~
- Previous by thread: Re: Monitoring users cd'ing out of their ~
- Next by thread: Re: Monitoring users cd'ing out of their ~