Re: Proxy with P2P

On Feb 22, 6:01 pm, Ertugrul Soeylemez <use...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"George Exarchakos" <gexarcha...@xxxxxxxxx> (07-02-22 08:37:30):

I'd like to know whether the proxy can stand in between all the
incoming and outgoing rtaffic of a specific P2P application. Some P2P
apps have a specific listening port but may open a different port for
sending a file that was requested. Does the proxy stands in between
this outgoing traffic? If not, what is the reason? and can we program
it to do it without changing the P2P client?

No need to reinvent the wheel: The SOCKS 5 proxy server protocol
supports inbound connections to the client.

Regards,
E.S.

Many thanks Ertugrul, that was very helpful. The way I see it is that
a proxy can actually stand in between any communication of an
application.

Many thanks,
-- George

  • Re: proxy client for FreeBSD
    ... as far as any other "clients" for other apps.. ... Subject: proxy client for FreeBSD ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Proxy with P2P
    ... apps have a specific listening port but may open a different port for ... No need to reinvent the wheel: The SOCKS 5 proxy server protocol ... supports inbound connections to the client. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Proxy with P2P
    ... I'd like to know whether the proxy can stand in between all the ... incoming and outgoing rtaffic of a specific P2P application. ... apps have a specific listening port but may open a different port for ... it to do it without changing the P2P client? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: ISA Server Problems, please help
    ... The All access rule for SBS Internet ... Web Proxy and/or ... > To accommodate the linux SecureNAT clients you should create a new Client ... ISA Server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Need to Turn Off Proxy Server in SBS 4.5
    ... client machines (it is done by default when you install an SBS client)? ... IE's web proxy settings are disabled like you said, ... Server is internal only...no outside web or ftp serving. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)