Re: Cron Security

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:27:56 -0800, Jenny wrote:

Hi

We have a request from our Database Administrator where they wanted us
to grant them the access to submit cron job using the oracle ID. Just
wondering, is there any security issue if we allow oracle ID to be able
to submit cron job? Please advise.

All users have their own crontab file that they can edit and add things to.

crontab -e to edit it

crontab -l to list it's contents

crontab -r to remove it

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!

  • Re: Cron Security
    ... to grant them the access to submit cron job using the oracle ID. ... to list what the user has in their crontab ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [SLE] Cron Jobs
    ... If your userid has permission to run a cron job, the crontab command puts you ... > (contains a number of scripts), ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: install_driver(Oracle) failed: wrong ELF class: DynaLoader.pm
    ... I'm not the Oracle expert - treat what I say with a pinch of salt. ... So, if your Perl script sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ... Try modifying your cron job so that it runs a shell script which sets at ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Deploying mass cron job
    ... > I have a cron job that updates antivirus software on a Mac OS X ... Seems like this would be for root's crontab, ... into one ssh command doing a "cat contents until you see an EOL flag into ... the end of the crontab file". ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Cron Security
    ... to grant them the access to submit cron job using the oracle ID. ... The rule of thumb is to deny access to crond by everyone except root. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)