Re: How To Reduce Password Complexity Checking in Linux?

On Jan 26, 2:49 am, Allen Kistler <ackist...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mihai Osian wrote:
Jenny wrote:
I have a Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 machine here. Whenever
the system ask for a password changed, it required us to key in a very
complex password. How can I reduce the password complexity checking in
linux? What parameter to set and where to set it?

Google for pam_cracklib.... or just "man pam_cracklib" ...

You may be using pam_passwdqc...

Check for a line like this in '/etc/pam.d/system-auth'

password requisite /lib/security/$ISA/
min=disabled,8,8,8,8 passphrase=0 random=0 enforce=everyone

pam_cracklib is the default if you do not have pam_passwdqc enabled. If
you have the line above, then check 'man pam_passwdqc'

-Anthony Altemara

Relevant Pages